Short-circuit fault occurred in the battery and its treatment method
When a short-circuit fault occurs inside the battery, the following phenomena will occur:
(1) The electrolyte has a lower specific gravity than a normal battery, and the open circuit voltage is also lower;
(2) When it is connected to the circuit to discharge, the voltage of the short-circuit battery drops rapidly; if it is connected in series with other normal batteries, the short-circuit battery's polar plate will appear deep vulcanization, and its positive plate will change from brown to brown Yellow, and the negative plate changes from light gray to gray.
(3) Gas is slow or not gassing during charging, and the electrolyte temperature is high;
At this time, you should Different treatment methods are adopted for the reasons of the short circuit:
(1) If the short circuit is caused by excessive deposits on the bottom of the battery, the battery should be completely discharged and then reversed. Recharge the electrolyte after repeated cleaning with pure water;
(2) If the short circuit is caused by the bending of the electrode plate, consider the place where the electrode plate touches Add an isolation plate;
(3) If it is caused by the displacement of the lead spring and the short circuit caused by the plate and the lead liner, just correct the position of the spring.